Friday, December 5, 2014

THE HOLIDAY LIGHTS OF NYC 2014

WINDOWS, CHRISTMAS TREES AND AN ANNUAL FLIGHT THROUGH NYC
There was a chill searing through the heavy sweater I wore. The tips of my exposed fingers had begun the aching prickly feeling. My gloves were tucked under my arm so I could hold my iphone as I squeezed my way through the crowds lining Fifth Avenue around Rockefeller Center. Most had stopped glued in place as projected snowflakes danced across the façade of Saks.  It was ten thirty at night but you wouldn't know by the number of kids perched on parent's shoulders their faces showing nothing but awe at the millions of lights and piped in Christmas carols. I can no longer hoist Emmy on to my shoulders or push her stroller past the windows of Lord & Taylor but I can't help making the walk. Perhaps there's still a little kid in me that can't resist braving the bitter winds as cold tears trickle down from my brilliant wide open winter stung eyes.
Here's my invitation to take the walk with me
Saks Fifth Avenue and their fairytale windows


The tree at Rockefeller Center

Radio City Music Hall

Tiffany and the star that hangs over the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street

A look down 58th Street and the entrance to the Plaza Hotel

Bergdorf Goodman's fashion forward extravaganzas

Inside Grand Central Station and the Holiday Market

Macy's; it's windows, the main floor and the chance to sit outside and watch Miracle on 34th Street on the big screen

Lord & Taylor's windows of imagination and whimsy



















THE GALLERY







































Times Square
Ciaran Tully, photographer
www.ciarantully.com

No comments:

Post a Comment