Friday, May 12, 2017

CHICAGO PHOTOGRAPHICALLY

CHICAGO ONE MORE TIME IN ONE MORE DAY
As a treat to myself on the day after my birthday back in the fall I took Amtrak's 8:15am from Milwaukee to Chicago to see two pieces of architecture I thought would be better to visit on my own. My itinerary included The Rookery redone with the revisions by Frank Lloyd Wright that had faded and then been restored and the new Restoration Hardware store and eatery carved out of a former women's school of the arts. I'd scheduled lunch with an old friend which I managed to squeezed in  in between. With limited time and a defined schedule it's still impossible to put on blinders to the assaulting beauty around every corner and with every glance skyward. The Rookery and Restoration Hardware have come with past posts. This post chronicles the visual beauty that I don't have space for in my other Chicago based posts. Hopefully these pictures will entice and entrance sans any words laid out in the chronological order I discovered them. Here's to the majesty that is Chicago

I barely made the last train back to Milwaukee at 8:05pm but reluctantly I did. This was one of the best birthday gifts I've ever given myself. I hope you can celebrate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment