Friday, November 2, 2018

2018 VILLAGE HALLOWEEN PARADE

KILLER CROWD
It was a toss up: go to a friends Halloween party where I'd have to pass out candy to toddlers and eat pizza again with Martha Teichner or stand in amongst a crowd of several hundred crushing strangers until my legs couldn't stand it another second. How stupid am I? Just ask my aching legs.
I stood for as long as I possibly could squeezed behind an Italian family who kept blocking my view every time I raised my iPhone to take a picture and between a group of Saudis on one side all wearing red devil horns that blinked constantly and a young couple on the other side more interested in sticking their tongues down each others throats than watching the parade. Martha, I missed you.
I managed to stay until around 9:30, at the point my legs started to tingle from lack of blood and my knees were beginning to buckle.
You have to be a better prepared photographer than I was to take anything really worth while at the parade. You need a more captive subject especially with an iPhone. The crowd of paraders is always on the move and in the light of night most shots are nothing more than a blur.
Here's the best of what I got
























KILLER PARADE
And now for a crowd of hundreds all doing Michael Jackson's Killer

THE GALLERY
A Woman in a Bird Mask, New York City
Diane Arbus, photographer
Represented by Fraenkel Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment