Friday, January 1, 2021

BYE BYE 2020

LOOKING AHEAD 


No one can deny that the past year was a perfect storm of Covid 19 pandemic complete with lockdowns, isolation and unfortunate deaths, election confusion and outcome denial, too many needless Black Lives wasted at the hands of improperly trained or untrained police or fellow ignorant humans who do not understand that we are all One.




But 20/20 in ophthalmic terms means the clarity or sharpness of vision.  I’d like to think that the year 2020 with all its adversity and set backs, heartaches and heartbreaks has brought us, the human race, some clarity which will carry us into a brighter future.  My hope for the coming year is a better understanding of each other, a calming of tempers and a future filled with health and prosperity.



Perspective also has to do with visual acuity.  Without perspective we lack the ability to see a situation or idea from a different point of view.  I wager we have all suffered from a  lack of perspective from time to time, I know I have and way too many times I’m embarrassed to say.  The year 2020 has given me time to develop my sense of perspective, to use another optically related term, I have had time for reflection.  Reflection engenders change and many times change is good.  Among the many losses of 2020 was the loss of Representative John Lewis who is notable for saying “get in good trouble, necessary trouble”.  Let’s hope 2021 brings about good change, necessary change.



Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment