Friday, May 27, 2022

ITALY SPRING 2022 - THE FINAL GOODBYE

 ALL JOURNEYS MUST COME TO AN END

This is the hardest blog to write if for no other reason than I'm exhausted - exhausted from travel, exhausted from jet lag, exhausted from writing. 

I thought I was going to finish and put a period on our trip by writing about the final trip, the trip home. I was going to write about the ride to the airport and how we missed the first shuttle, how we panicked when we thought we hadn't filled out the right forms for entry, how we switched our luggage plan at the last minute and how we were the last ones to get on the plane to JFK because we were too stupid to know how long it took to get from the Ana lounge to the gate especially when you think you have time to stop in Duty Free for a bottle of Armani "You" cologne. 

But now it doesn't matter because we're back and when you're back and all your luggage made it, and you got the right forms and filled them out correctly and even though we didn't get the cologne we did make it home with way more than a t-shirt saying "I went to Italy and all I got was a case of homesickness".

Cosi questo e` arrivederci

And now I'll say it in pictures














No comments:

Post a Comment